Job Title: Shipping Coordinator
Department: Mart Cart/SMT/Jotto/Avoca Shipping
Reports To: Production Supervisor and Shipping Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Shipping Coordinator ensures the product is shipped correctly and on time. The coordinator may also be responsible for boxing products, running shipping quotes, scheduling truck lines, using Syteline to pick/pack/ship, and working with others to process shipments.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Complete the Pick/Pack/Ship process in Syteline
- Create Pallet Manifests
- Print packing slips and shipping labels and affixes them to boxes
- Schedule Truck Lines
- Fill out truck line bill of ladings
- Run freight line quotes
- Deal with representatives on any shipping problems
- File Damage Claims
- Obtain International Shipping Quotes
FedEx and UPS Processing
- Run FedEx and UPS quotes
- Use multiple computer applications at the same time
- Print return labels
- Track orders
- Update shipping log
- Create USMCA Paperwork
- Perform tasks needed by management
- Work with sales on quotes and best shipping methods
- Do research on PPD orders as needed
- Fill in for production if time allows throughout the day
- Communicate daily with sales, order entry, accounting, and customers
- Check orders to ensure they are filled out correctly and completely.
- Make sure all credit card orders have approval numbers
- Order FedEx and UPS supplies
- Operate Forklifts and Pallet Wrapping Machines
- Technical Learning
- Time Management
- Detail Oriented
- Interpersonal Relations
- Conflict Resolution
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Following Directions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration from the tools and some noise from the pneumatic tools. Forklift traffic. Heat level is high in the summer months. Personal Protective Equipment is required in some positions, such as safety glasses and gloves. Hearing protection is provided but not required.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee must frequently use their hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and climb or balance. The employee must walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift, push, pull, and grip. Must be able to lift and walk with up to 40-pound objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are Monday through Friday, 6:00 to 2:30 or 7:00 to 3:30. Occasionally overtime is required, and the employee must be able to work earlier than scheduled, later than scheduled, and/or on Saturdays.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of related experience
- Forklift Experience
- Microsoft Office
AAP/EEO Statement: APC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Other Job Duties: This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract nor to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of APC are expected to perform tasks as assigned by APC supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
For inquiries, please contact:
Joseph Stephens, H.R. Manager
Tel: (479) 246-6402
Email: [email protected]