ELECTRONICS SUPPORT TECHNICIAN I
Job Title: Electronics Support Technician I
Reports To: Vice President of Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
This position is responsible for electronic support for customers external and internal of Assembled Product brand lines. Diagnoses, reworks, and records trends of circuit board assembly defect fallout from production. Updates board assemblies’ firmware to most revisions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide customer technical support on wiring, installation, and troubleshooting to customers by phone and in person when needed.
- Diagnosing and isolating malfunctions to the component level with the use of schematic and troubleshooting guides.
- Performs electronic performance measures associated with all manufacturing operations, including set-up, calibration, analyzing, and troubleshooting of circuits, components, and electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Provide feedback to Engineering and track failure trends.
- Responsible for customer repairs and RMA’s on Jotto products involving electronics.
- Familiarity with mechanical drawings.
- Aware of the safety and risks of wiring electronic products, as well as shop and workplace safety procedures.
- Proper uses of test equipment (volt-ohmmeter, ammeters, oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Ability to solder and de-solder to the surface mount and through-hole for component-level repair.
- Experience and proficiency in performing electrical wiring installations of products in vehicles.
- Able to keep workspace organized and clean daily.
- Good Communication Skills
- Functional / Technical Skills
- Time Management
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solving
Preferred Education and Experience
- GED or High School Diploma.
- Technical or College Industrial Maintenance diploma or certifications preferred.
- 1+ vehicle electrical work experience preferred.
- Formal training with electronics assembly preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration from the tools and noise from the pneumatic tools. Forklift traffic. The heat level is high in the summer months. Personal Protective Equipment required in some positions such as safety glasses and/or gloves. Hearing protection is provided but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is required to walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift, push, pull, and grip. Must be able to pass a physical fitness for duty test, that assesses ability to lift varying weight essential to job function. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 to 5:00. Occasionally, overtime is required, and the employee must be able to work earlier than scheduled, later than scheduled, and/or on Saturdays.
AAP/EEO Statement: APC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Other Job Duties: This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of APC are expected to perform tasks as assigned by APC supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
For inquiries, please contact:
Joseph Stephens, H.R. Manager
Tel: (479) 246-6402
Email: [email protected]