Job Title: Assembler II
Department: Spray Master Technologies
Reports To: Production Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Assembler II uses a variety of hand and power tools to assemble the products by performing the following duties.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Advanced Assembly will include general electronics, including moderate to heavy electrical board soldering.
- Advanced Assembly and Order Filling. Advanced assembly workers must be able to assemble more technical assemblies and/or sub-assemblies with daily use of electric tools, pneumatic tools and advanced hand tools to complete those assemblies.
- Both Assembly II and Order Fillers will possess Assembler I responsibilities as needed.
- Order fillers must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Assembly II and Order Fillers must be able to write clearly and transcribe numbers correctly.
- Must produce quality products and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow all prescribed safety regulations. Must follow the company 5-S Program.
- Must be able to communicate with the supervisor with ideas to make their job more productive or ergonomically correct.
- Basic Computer skills recommended.
- Must be willing and able to move to other areas/buildings within the company to perform Assembler I and/or Assembler II duties when needed. .
- Technical Capacity
- Learning Orientation
- Time Management
- Mental Alertness
- Long periods of concentration
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration from the tools and some noise from the pneumatic tools. Forklift traffic. Heat level is high in the summer months. Personal Protective Equipment required in some positions such as safety glasses and/or gloves. Hearing protection is provided but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is required to walk: reach with hands and arms: stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl: and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift, push, pull, and grip. Must be able to pass a physical fitness for duty test, that assesses ability to lift varying weight essential to job function. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are Monday through Friday, 6:00 to 2:30 or 7:00 to 3:30. Occasionally overtime is required, and the employee must be able to work earlier than scheduled, later than scheduled, and/or on Saturdays.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of related experience
- Electrical Knowledge
- Soldering Experiences
AAP/EEO Statement: APC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Other Job Duties: This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of APC are expected to perform tasks as assigned by APC supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
For inquiries, please contact:
Joseph Stephens, H.R. Manager
Tel: (479) 246-6402
Email: [email protected]