Job Title: Accountant II
Reports To: VP of Accounting & Finance
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Accountant II is a mid-level level position responsible for lead and oversight of the Accounts Payable department as well as various accounting functions to create accurate and timely financial records for the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide lead and oversight in Accounts Payable department
- Maintain the vouchers payable account and monitor activity
- Assist in maintaining vendor accounts while staying in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Preparation of standard journal entries
- Reconcile sub-ledger accounts (such as inventory)
- Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Monthly Sales Tax Filings
- Preparation of General Journal Entries
- Manage Fixed Assets
- Participate in Monthly Close process
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Proof truck line freight including POD’s for several companies
- Cross-training as support for all job functions within the Accounting department, especially in Accounts Payable
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Enjoys working with a diverse group.
- Ability to take direction from superiors.
- Attention to detail.
- Organizational skills.
- Financial Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role. Some filing and the use of filing cabinets may require ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Supervisory experience preferred
- 3 – 5 years of experience in Accounting
- Experienced with Microsoft Office (intermediate to advanced Excel skills)
- Infor Syteline or Infor CloudSuite Industrial
AAP/EEO Statement: APC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Other Job Duties: This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of APC are expected to perform tasks as assigned by APC supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Signature: Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions, and duties of the position.
For inquiries, please contact:
Joseph Stephens, H.R. Manager
Tel: (479) 246-6402
Email: [email protected]