Job Title: Shipping Coordinator
Department: Avoca/ Jotto Shipping
Reports To: Production Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Schedule Truck Lines
- Fill out truck line bill of ladings
- Obtain freight line quotes
- Deal with representatives on discounts and any shipping problems.
- Fill out NAFTA’S and commercial invoices
- Obtain International Shipping Quotes
FedEx and UPS Order
- Obtain FedEx and UPS quotes
- Fill out Return labels
- Track orders
- Update Shipping log
- Update PPD totals and Charts
- Research and Log Sales/OE mistakes
- Work with sales on quotes and best shipping methods
- Research on PPD orders when necessary
- Will be required to assist production activities when needed
- Must be able to band product to pallets
- Good communication with sales, order entry, accounting, and customers
- Check orders to make sure they are filled out properly, and complete.
- Make sure all credit card orders have approval numbers
- Technical Capacity
- Learning Orientation
- Time Management
- Mental Alertness
- Long periods of concentration
- Must be detailed oriented
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration from the tools and some noise from the pneumatic tools. Forklift traffic. Heat level is high in the summer months. Personal Protective Equipment required in some positions such as safety glasses and/or gloves. Hearing protection is provided but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is required to walk: reach with hands and arms: stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl: and talk or hear.
The employee must regularly lift, push, pull, and grip. Must be able to pass a physical fitness for duty test, that assesses ability to lift varying weight essential to job function. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours are Monday through Friday, 6:00 to 2:30 or 7:00 to 3:30. Occasionally overtime is required, and the employee must be able to work earlier than scheduled, later than scheduled, and/or on Saturdays.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of related experience
- Must be able to clearly read, understand, and speak English.
- Must have the ability to operate and understand PC applications (application training is provided)
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge is useful
- Excel Charts
- Microsoft Word
- Forklift Experience
AAP/EEO Statement: APC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated
Other Job Duties: This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of APC are expected to perform tasks as assigned by APC supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
For inquiries, please contact:
Joseph Stephens, H.R. Manager
Tel: (479) 246-6402
Email: [email protected]