Job Title: Buyer – Jotto
Reports To: Purchasing Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Buyer works and negotiates with suppliers to purchase goods for the Company. The Buyer performs a variety of clerical and administrative duties as required to maintain a constant flow of materials and supplies to assigned product lines within the Company. The Buyer must have knowledge of principles and practices of purchasing and managing and working with vendors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Procures materials, components, and services at the lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability of source, and the urgency of requirements.
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with existing suppliers, while also seeking new ones.
- Regularly adjusts part and supplier settings to match the dynamic demand and supply requirements. Executes expedites, delays, cancellations, and new orders as required.
- Responsible for selecting suppliers, issuing RFQ’s, negotiating price and delivery.
- Responsible for Issuing and/or adjusting purchase orders in a timely manner.
- Ensures orders are acknowledged by vendors and communicates status updates.
- Responsible for tracking and supplying material status and expedites for in house orders and forecasted materials as required to achieve timely receipt of materials.
- Works closely with Accounts Payable and Receiving to resolve invoicing and receiving issues.
- Works closely with Sales and Engineering on new and existing projects.
- Required to review and execute actions as designated on Engineering Change Notices.
- Evaluate and maintain appropriate inventory levels following established guidelines and procedures.
- Technical Capacity.
- Organizational Skills.
- Communication (written and oral)
- Vendor Relationship focus
- Time Management.
- Collaboration Skills.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Requires an understanding of supply chain management, cost analysis, and negotiation.
- Requires experience in a purchasing, supply chain, or inventory management role.
- Excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and adapt to ever-changing situations.
- Possess analytical skills, organization, and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude required.
- Solid understanding of/experience with MS Office.
AAP/EEO Statement: APC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Other Job Duties: This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of APC are expected to perform tasks as assigned by APC supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
For inquiries, please contact:
Joseph Stephens, H.R. Manager
Tel: (479) 246-6402
Email: [email protected]