REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
Job Title: Regional Sales Manager: Southwest Region
Department: Jotto Desk Sales
Reports To: National Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position is responsible for managing the sales of all Jotto Desk public safety products through distribution and to end users, within a defined geographic territory.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and grow sales in the Southwestern region (UT, AZ, CO, NM, So. CA, So. NV) through building relationships with distribution as well as state and local public safety agencies.
- Monitors competitive environment within the territory and identifies opportunities and activities necessary to gain market share.
- Sets performance goals and executes sales plan to gain market share and evaluates distribution against established goals.
- Analyzes distribution, customers and application of successful product sales, and applies knowledge to expansion into new business opportunities and marketplaces.
- Manage and drive business to meet and exceed sales goals for geographic territory.
- Develop relationships with all distributors, dealers and end-users.
- Provide value added training to distributor and dealer sales teams to help them increase and/or maintain an expert level of knowledge on all Jotto Desks products.
- Develop competitive analysis of geographic territory and plan to take market share.
- Coordinates sales activities with National Sales Manager
- Experience in the electrical industry required.
- Should have experience promoting product through a distribution channel.
- Ability to travel overnight 50%+ annually.
- Performance Management
- Ethical conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Ability to Maintain High Levels of Concentration
This position does not require supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates largely in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Visits varying in frequency and duration will be required in the manufacturing and warehouse areas from time to time where air tools may be in use and forklift traffic will be present.
This is largely a sedentary role requiring extended time sitting, however, some walking, lifting, bending, reaching, and stooping is necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years total work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in sales or sales management.
AAP/EEO Statement: APC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
Other Job Duties: This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of APC are expected to perform tasks as assigned by APC supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
For inquiries, please contact:
Joseph Stephens, H.R. Manager
Tel: (479) 246-6402
Email: [email protected]